We are creating a community of practice for Connection Coalition members focused on how we can continue to put relationships and connections at the heart of our work.
So much of the incredible pandemic response from individuals and organisations reminds us of the remarkable strength of well-connected, compassionate and kind communities built on meaningful relationships. One of the Connection Coalition’s aims is to encourage people to carry forward relationships and connectedness with them into the post-crisis period, so that as we emerge from the pandemic, we can move as a society towards a world where we make people and their social relationships the focus of our time and attention. This is the focus of our new community of practice for Connection Coalition members.
The aims are to:
- bring together practitioners within the Connection Coalition to form a community of practice on how we can continue to put relationships and connections at the heart of our work. We will provide members with a space to share experiences and increase knowledge, skills, confidence and motivation, with the ultimate aim of improving practice.
- create a community by facilitating peer-based, collaborative learning. Attention will be focused on developing meaningful relationships and connections between group members.
- work with the group to capture learning which can inform practice in a meaningful way and contribute to the sector by sharing this knowledge with the wider Connection Coalition network and beyond.
Who is this for
This is for you if you are working toward reducing social isolation, building more resilient communities and increasing connections and meaningful relationships between people. You will have experience to share and might have some questions or challenges around relationships and connections in your work that you want some support with.
What to expect
We will provide you with a space to share experiences and increase knowledge, skills and confidence. Attention will be focused on developing meaningful relationships and connections between group members. We will start by establishing where everyone is at, help you develop your own questions and challenges, and then see how we can address them as a group.
The overall time commitment is estimated to be 2-3 days over 6 weeks. This includes 6 x 2 hours weekly sessions, short one to one coffee catch ups with another group member in between sessions, and a couple of hours of self-directed learning.
Sessions will run from 9th August - 17th September. On application we offer a few possible times for the 6 x weekly sessions and will try to pick a time that suits the majority.
The sessions will run online so you can join us from wherever you are. We’d love to meet in person at some point in the future!
- Find out more in this information document.
- Zoë Cumberland (Connection Coalition Manager) will be running a drop in session on Wednesday 14th July, 3-4pm for members to find out more and ask questions. Complete this quick expression of interest form to be sent the link to join this drop in and a reminder of how to apply closer to the deadline.
- To apply please complete this form by 9am on Wednesday 21st July. Any questions please email [email protected].